Thursday 23 February 2012

Week 2 was not good - a total disaster.  I was tired all week, dragged out.  Blame it on the winter blues but I just could not get enough sleep and was too tired to exercise.

However this week, week 3, has been amazing!  Here is a rundown of my exercise:

Monday: running (40 mins)
Tuesday: swimming (30 minutes)
Wednesday: warm-up on the elliptical and then weight training (30 mins)
Thursday: running (40 mins)
Friday: hasn't happened yet but I plan to swim for 20 mins

Eating habits haven't been bad but I've got a sweet tooth that won't let go!  I decided that if I was going to eat cookies I was better of making them myself (cheaper and potentially healthier - at least, I will know whats gone into them) than buying them somewhere else like Tim Horton's.  I made these beauties and they were a hit!  With me and everyone else!



 

 To balance things out I also made these Weight Watchers Chocolate Banana Wontons.  They tasted too sweet while warm but once cooled they were a nice way of feeding my urge for chocolate without the calories!


Yummy!  Not sure if this is helping my weight loss but I love sweets and I figure this is the best way of getting them.  :)

I also made chicken chili, by my own random recipe.  I cooked some ground chicken and then put it in the slow cooker with dried beans, pasata (spelling? Strained tomatoes - like tomatoe paste but with more liquid), a can of stewed tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions, carrots, chili powder and cumin.  Yummy and healthy!  A nice hearty meal for winter.


And last but not least, I put a moose roast in the slowcooker last night to make Lee some moose stew.  We'll see how this one comes out!  It was nicely falling apart this morning after slowly simmering all night with water, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and one diced onion.  This morning I added more salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and water.  I also threw in diced potatoes, carrots, peas and another onion.  I will added some thickener today for the gravy.  Fingers crossed!

(Hoping mine will turn out as nicely as this!)

I've also been researching some recipes that are healthy makeovers.  I'm also a vegetarian/vegan wannabe and enjoy trying those types of recipes.

Here is a neat one for vegan macaroni and cheese.  It seems nutritional yeast (not to be confused with the baking kind) has some nice qualities.



I found some nice hearty and simple vegan pasta recipes through the same site: Vegan Pasta Recipes


Snacking
 
Last but not least, I want healthier ways to snack.  I found this healthy version of Roasted Chickpeas.



If I had my dream job I would cook and bake all day.  For now, I need a break from cooking!  Although, I may make hummus tonight.... :o  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment