Thursday 24 May 2012

16 Weeks + 1 Day

Cooking

I've been making a lot of vegetarian meals including:

Cucumber Salad
Cucumber
Cherry tomatoes
Red onion
Plack pepper
Rice vinegar

There is a similar version here at Real Mom Kitchen:


Add some quinoa and its a meal!  I like having this for lunch because it is nice and light which doesn't leave me feeling too groggy.


I like baking these because they tend to fall apart a little when fried.  I laid a sheet of parchment paper on a baking pan and sprayed oil onto it.  I also pureed the ingredients to make it more palatable but I think its best with only half the beans mashed.


Crusty Artisan Bread


I will no longer spend too much money on nice bread!  This truly was super easy to make.  I did not have a dutch oven or Le Creuset - I simply placed the bread in a baking dish and it turned out wonderfully.  Simply add 15 minutes to the baking time.


Peanut Butter Cup Pie


This was yet another easy recipe to duplicate!  For me, the whipped topping was too much - it left the dessert feeling a little "chalky".  But... that didn't stop me from eating way too much of it!



Pinterest

I'm obsessed with Pinterest! I've been finding lots of great recipes and healthy eating tips on there.  I also enjoy the DIY projects.  Follow me - click on the button at the top of the page!


Why Is Pinterest So Addictive?


Running

Running is going well - I ran nearly 10K on Tuesday morning - but I'm trying to avoid injuries and haven't ran as much as I would like to.  I have my new orthopedic insoles and hope they do the trick.  If you have health coverage it would not hurt to see a Podiatrist and ask what they can do for you.

Meanwhile, the little pooch is getting lots of exercise.  I'm walking more to exercise without putting too much strain on my muscles.  She's happy and there haven't been any "accidents" lately.  :)

 
Rowing

I've taken up a new hobby - rowing.  I'm training to be the Coxswain and think its going to be awesome!  I took part in training last night with more to come tomorrow.  There is a lot to learn about balance, wind, teamwork, etc.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to try it!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment